Download Grapevine toolbar, stay only 1 click away

toolbar powered by Conduit

Thursday, May 20, 2010

JLP COUNCILLOR SHOT



LITCHFIELD, Trelawny — Falmouth's deputy mayor Steve Warren is convinced that he escaped Monday's brutal attack on his life by gunmen solely by the grace of the Almighty.


Almost all the pieces of glass in my SUV were shot out. Shots went through the head rests; in the roof; in the dashboard, bullet holes are in the steering...all over the interior, "



Shattered window glass and numerous bullet holes inside the black Mitsubishi Montero Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) confirm Warren's account of the horrific attack which took place meters away from his home in this rural community at about 10:45 pm.
"I was on my way home and when I reached a few chains from my house I noticed that there was a car parked a little distance from my house, but I did not pay much attention to it... I continued to drive. Then suddenly I came under intense gun fire from right and from the left," recalled a seemingly relieved Warren, who escaped with a bullet wound to his right shoulder.
According Warren, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) councillor for the Lorrimers Division, the barrage of gunshots came from two heavily-armed men who were strategically positioned on each side of the narrow unpaved roadway.
He said he returned the fire, but the hoodlums continued to fire their high powered weapons at him.
" Seeing that I was out -gunned and realising that I was shot in the right arm, I drove along the road speedily in a bid to save my life. The driver in the parked motorcar than sped off and picked up the two gunmen," Warren said.

No comments:

Post a Comment